MATTHEW MCELHINEYMatthew grew up around Volleyball competing in his first beach events at the age of 8 years old. He played throughout High School on the beach and with Adult indoor teams. He began coaching his Junior year of High School at the JV level. After graduating Matthew was the assistant Director at MAV. While at MAV he helped guide the program to its first National Qualifier Win in Baltimore and grew the club from 3 teams to 9 in 3 years. In 2012 he founded Coastline Volleyball Club with Kristen Batt. The club grew to 14 teams in its 2nd year and Matt qualified his teams twice with a 14 National and 15 American bid. In 2015 Chad Sutton and Matt created Wave Volleyball Alliance establishing the most competitive club in Bradenton & Sarasota. He has been the head coach for Beach and Indoor at Braden River HS since 2011. In 2018 he coached two of his beach players to win the USAV National Beach Championships for 14U. Matthew is currently one of the directors of OTVA Sarasota.
- PCA Certified
- USAV IMPACT Certified
- USAV Beach IMPACT Certified
- USAV Safe Sport Certified
- 6th Grade Math Teacher at Haile Middle School
- Indoor Director OTVA Sarasota
- Owner/Director Wave Beach Volleyball Club
- 17 Years Coaching HS & Club Volleyball
- Club Teams have Qualified 4 times for the USAV Nationals
- 3rd place at AAU Nationals in 2019 & 5th Place at USAV Nationals
- Coached the winning team at 2018 USAV Beach Nationals 14U Division.